The Adelaide Room

The Adelaide Room

What is now the Adelaide Room was included in the second stage of development in 1855. The mirror above the fireplace bears the Royal Coat of Arms and is believed to have been made to order. It appears in the 1868 inventory.

Guests for Government House receptions are received here. They offer their entrée cards (with their names) and are presented by the Aide-de-Camp to the Governor and spouse before proceeding into the Ballroom.